It’s time to tune in to our favorite hoops pickup game again, and it looks like the 2013 NBA All-Star Game isn’t going to disappoint. Here are some tidbits from the game:
- Those All-Star jackets with players’ achievements as decorations were a real nice touch. Kobe Bryant was, of course, the most decorated player out there on Sunday. That’s “General Kobe” (as one of my friends said) for you.
- Anyone can look good throwing an alley-oop to LeBron James. Even Carmelo Anthony.
- Seeing Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden on the floor together again as teammates gave me all the feels.
- If people aren’t sold on Paul George as an all-star, well… start getting used to it. This guy is for real.
- The same holds true for Kyrie Irving.
- For some reason, CP3 to Blake looks less impressive in an ASG than it does in a regular-season game.
- David Lee representing the Golden State Warriors. How long has it been since we’ve seen a Warrior in an All-Star Game? If you still remember Latrell Sprewell’s selection in 1997, that’s how long it was.
- CP3 to KD. How many OKC Thunder fans say no to a Westbrook-for-Paul trade?
- LeBron’s getting real comfortable with that three-point shot. Scary.
- Dwight Howard pulling a Westbrook.
- Those neon-green Adidas shoes are really irritating.
- Westbrook really loves those pull-up jumpers.
- Harden cares very little for mild ankle sprains.
- Brook Lopez doesn’t even look like he’s trying to play in an All-Star Game.
- Tony Parker’s teardrop is still so smooth.
- Reggie Miller picked Memphis as his dark horse in the EAST. Dude, wake up.
- Chris Bosh is the guy West players love to blow by.
- Kobe blocks LeBron again.
- Tight last few minutes. That’s just how All-Star Games should be.
Well, the West won it, 143-138. Chris Paul gets the MVP with 20 points and 15 assists. Durant finishes with 30 on 13-of-24 shooting. Kevin Garnett and LaMarcus Aldridge are the only scoreless players tonight.
That’s that! The ASG was fun, but I can’t wait for the regular season to resume.